Coast Starlight / Cascades

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whc6

Train Attendant
Well, ya'll, I am all ticketed up for my West Coast train tour. I will be taking the Coast Starlight from Emeryville to Seattle (sleeper car - berth #14). After a few days in Seattle, my wife and I will journey to Vancouver, BC on the Cascades. We will be flying back to North Carolina from Vancouver.

This will be my first experience with Superliner and Talgo equipment. Hopefully, the Pacific Parlour Car will be included on the train.

My wife is not much of a train fan. (Only riding the Carolinian in the US.). Hopefully, the Cascades business class and dining car will help change her mind about American trains.

If I have the time, I may create my first trip report.

whc6 said:
This will be my first experience with Superliner and Talgo equipment.  Hopefully, the Pacific Parlour Car will be included on the train.
My wife is not much of a train fan.  (Only riding the Carolinian in the US.).  Hopefully, the Cascades business class and dining car will help change her mind about American trains.

If I have the time, I may create my first trip report.

Yes, that exposure to different kinds of equipment might help her appreciate trains more. Especially that Pacific Parlor car.

Oooooooops! I see what you mean!

Well, maybe he will take good pictures of it for her! (If we are still allowed to do that, take pictures on a train).

Of course pictures are still allowed on the train. We'll just be keeping a close eye on the pictures being taken, and on who's taking the pictures.

Tuballen, I am glad to get your on-board input.....actually I was partly joking, but not completely. I have a big trip planned in mid-September, across Canada and back, so I want to take plenty of pix. I will be on Amtrak to and from Toronto, and then the Canadian from Toronto to Vancouver and back.

Oh...sorry Bill! I didn't realize you were joking. And I also didn't mean to have a sarcastic tone about it either. Hope you have a great time!

Allen

whc6 said:
This will be my first experience with Superliner and Talgo equipment. Hopefully, the Pacific Parlour Car will be included on the train.
Aloha

I've had the pleasure of riding both trains, I am sure you will enjoy it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back