Coast Starlight connections - Arrow bug

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2104

OBS Chief
When looking for certain trips involving the Coast Starlight, I see this....what could it be? (this example is DET-SAC-PDX, the Starlight being the bottom)

The arrows don't do anything, though moving from the bottom "Lower Level" to either of the other two options lowers the fare to $839.

2015-12-28_13-39-47.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look. The default options are coach upper/lower level and business class, although it doesn't specify that. Click on any of the change arrows and the sleepers will show up, and the price will be much higher.

Also, I don't know if it's an Arrow issue or just the way the website is programmed. All options show up clearly for the Amtrak app.

Ah, looked more closely with my test. When doing DET - PDX I get the same thing the OP got - just the three option for the CS and the arrows don't work. But if I put SAC-PDX or even SLC-PDX, the arrows work.

I am getting the same thing (arrows don't work) with BND --> MOD (Bend OR to Modesto CA). I want to book this for the end of January, and can't find a way to get a sleeper fare from Arrow. If I just put in the CS segment (CMO to SAC), the arrows work.

Think there's any way to book this without calling Amtrak?

I suggest those of you who actually are trying to book something and can't contact Amtrak and let them know of the problem. If you do it via online contact, include a screenshot. They can't fix something they don't know about.

I am getting the same thing (arrows don't work) with BND --> MOD (Bend OR to Modesto CA). I want to book this for the end of January, and can't find a way to get a sleeper fare from Arrow. If I just put in the CS segment (CMO to SAC), the arrows work.

Sure. I had to play around with it though. I clicked on a "CHANGE" arrow somewhere else on the page where it shows a sleeper available. It could be for the CZ (of course change it back) or even another route altogether. Once I did that I could click on the CS premium "CHANGE" arrows.

Also - the buttons seem to overlap on my browser to some degree.

Sure. I had to play around with it though. I clicked on a "CHANGE" arrow somewhere else on the page where it shows a sleeper available. It could be for the CZ (of course change it back) or even another route altogether. Once I did that I could click on the CS premium "CHANGE" arrows.

That won't help oregon pioneer, though (I just tried some things), because there's no other train with sleepers on her itinerary. :(

That won't help oregon pioneer, though (I just tried some things), because there's no other train with sleepers on her itinerary. :(
Then the Amtrak app is probably the only other alternative other than calling it in. That puts all options up.

I just sent them an email but did not include a screenshot (Apple doesn't make doing screenshots easy as far as I'm concerned). Maybe if others send them emails they'll investigate faster and hopefully get it fixed quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back