Coast Starlight / Empire Builder connection @ PDX

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Embassy Suites serves a great breakfast in a beautiful room that is included in the price.

The standard suite at the Embassy Suites was I think two rooms of the former Multnomah Hotel. They were renovated such that there is a couch in one room and a bed (beds) in the other. I had an end room when I came to the Gathering, and I think it was originally three rooms. It was also nice because it had a city view instead of just a view of the other wing of the hotel.

Most of the Columbia Gorge will be transited in darkness by an eastbound EB in January. I would opt for an overnight in Portland or Seattle, then take a morning train to Seattle (if necessary) and take the eastbound EB from Seattle for the access to a full dining car out of Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

The Embassy Suites serves a great breakfast in a beautiful room that is included in the price.

The standard suite at the Embassy Suites was I think two rooms of the former Multnomah Hotel. They were renovated such that there is a couch in one room and a bed (beds) in the other. I had an end room when I came to the Gathering, and I think it was originally three rooms. It was also nice because it had a city view instead of just a view of the other wing of the hotel.
We were thinking about changing our hotel reservation to the Embassy Suites for December (better sleeping accommodations for 3 people). Can you recommend some restaurants in the area (even pizza delivery would be great)? We stayed at the Hilton last time and there was plenty around that my son would like but I can't find anything near the Embassy Suites. This time we will be traveling with my Mom and in colder weather so I don't want her to have to walk too far outside for dinner.

Not positive, but when I stayed in the Embassy Suites in June, there was a pizza delivery advertising card in my suite and the suites has a in house restaurant for lunch and dinner. There are many permanent food trucks in the neighborhood some visible from your suite windows if facing the street.

Not positive, but when I stayed in the Embassy Suites in June, there was a pizza delivery advertising card in my suite and the suites has a in house restaurant for lunch and dinner. There are many permanent food trucks in the neighborhood some visible from your suite windows if facing the street.
Thanks
default_smile.png
We would be willing to do room service too. i'll give them a call to see what is offered.

Back