Coast Starlight Seal/Symbol

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_relei

Lead Service Attendant
Anybody know where I can get a downloadable photo/drawing of the Coast Starlight's symbol/seal? The oval with the train on it. It is on the doors of the Pacific Parlour Car. I'd like to be able to lift just the symbol/seal. Any suggestions?

Thank you. That is just what I was looking for. I would like to create a Web site devoted to the Coast Starlight. I want to create a "heading" that would combine the seal with highlights of cities/sights along the way--the train being what ties them together. Thank you.

Amtrak is very conscientious about brand management and their image, so just be cautious about using their logos :)

Sounds great Steve. Glad I could help. Let us know when you get the site up and running! B)

Anthony said:
Amtrak is very conscientious about brand management and their image, so just be cautious about using their logos :)
I second that

Thank you for your concern. I will keep that in mind. I don't plan to make any money off the Web site; it's pretty much to show off my Web site making and creating skills. Of course, I'll have links to Amtrak and AmtrakCascades and such. However, if people can benefit from my site by gaining more in-depth knowledge of the Starlight, its route, and its highlights, that will be worth something, too.

Steve, this discussion has come up here before, we are just warning you because Amtrak is uber-protective of their copywrites and as Anthony has alluded to in the past permission (which is not uaually ganted) is normally required to use said material. Even though your stated intent for the use of this is good, this is not something that Amtrak would take into consideration only that the unauthorized use of their copywrited material. We are just giving you the warning so that you are aware. :)

For the time being I'll work on another idea--just to be safe. Or maybe I can make a symbol of my own.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/edit...security=TnktPY

Here's a link to my photo album on webshots.com that shows the symbol/montage I have created--using fireworks--for use on my Web site devoted to the Coast Starlight. The two train pictures are mine; the others are various stock photos I downloaded. I wanted to represent several points along the route as well as the train being what ties them all together. If the above link doesn't work, go to www.webshots.com, click "community' put in steverelei for the box "find a member" and follow link. It 's in the Steve's Travel Photos section.

Yes that "symbol/photo montage" is very well done, I like it a lot.

BTW that pic of the Starlite on the bridge was nice as well, is that bridge in Portland (over the Willamette) or in Seattle?

I would like to add stars--or something--to the Coast Starlight line. I'm just not sure how to do that with Fireworks. I'll be working on it.

Throughout my photo albums, I have the Starlight passing over at least three different bridges. The one with Southern Pacific written on it is over the Clackamas River just east of Oregon City. The Clackamas River flows into the Willamette. Another picture is of the train crossing the Steel Bridge (with the spires of the Convention Center in the background), which is over the Willamette River and is just before the train arrives at Union Station (or southbound, leaves the station and almost immediately crosses the bridge into East Portland). One other picture shows the Starlight crossing the Mollala River, which is just west of Canby--between Oregon City and Salem. (To avoid confusion: while it is true that the Starlight is north and southbound, the actual compass direction can vary. Between Clackamas, Oregon City, and Canby, the train is traveling in a southwesterly direction. Remember that Eugene, Oregon, is the westernmost point on the Amtrak system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back