coast starlight welcome aboard booklet

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yarrow

Engineer
far ne washington state, 1/2 mile from canada
i admit to being a train brochure fan but the cs "welcome aboard" booklet i picked up in laus in the rack near the amtrak ticket counter last week is very nicely done. oddly, i didn't see it available on the train either in coach or sleeper. it has info about the train and the different cars including a nice fold out with car schematics. complete dining car and ppc menus. a ppc schedule both nb and sb including times for wine tasting (which is now complimentary, a change from when we last rode the end of may). great color photos. all in all a fine keepsake of a trip and useful reference while on the train. imho, the cs is now amtrak's premiere train and the "welcome aboard" booklet just another differentiation of the cs from its more common brethren

I got one of those books when I rode the CS in March of 2011. It was in my sleeper bedroom when I boarded. It had the full PPC menus in it if it is the same book I got. It was blue.

i admit to being a train brochure fan but the cs "welcome aboard" booklet i picked up in laus in the rack near the amtrak ticket counter last week is very nicely done. oddly, i didn't see it available on the train either in coach or sleeper. it has info about the train and the different cars including a nice fold out with car schematics. complete dining car and ppc menus. a ppc schedule both nb and sb including times for wine tasting (which is now complimentary, a change from when we last rode the end of may). great color photos. all in all a fine keepsake of a trip and useful reference while on the train. imho, the cs is now amtrak's premiere train and the "welcome aboard" booklet just another differentiation of the cs from its more common brethren

We got one in our room in April 2011

The features now change seasonally, and the booklet didn't reflect that, so there won't normally be any until they print some with the new info.

They are very helpful when they are available. The EB has had a booklet that is not quite as impressive as the CS's, but it works.

I am taking the CS tomorrow from LAX to San Jose -- I will report if the booklet is in our roommette.

I was on two different #14s in mid-September (LAX - OKJ & EMY - SEA) and both roomettes had the booklet. I found it useful and well put together. I know Amtrak is 'pinching pennies' these days, but booklets of this type, geared towards a particular route, and combined with an updated 'route guide' would be a nice addition in all LD sleeper rooms. They could answer a lot of questions for first-time riders on any particular train, as well as enhance the journey.

Love the route guides ... but would REALLY love one that was printed in the same direction I am going!

I really hope that these are available when we board the CS in LAX on Sunday. Sounds like the are a well put together resource for the rider.

A trip report from this week over on flyertalk mentioned that they had the CS welcome booklet in their sleeper.

I'm on the CS right now...no booklet in my roomette, but I do have a route guide. In other unfortunate news, the PPC was bad-ordered, so we have a CCC car instead. Nonetheless, I'm immensely enjoying the trip.

I'm on the CS right now...no booklet in my roomette, but I do have a route guide. In other unfortunate news, the PPC was bad-ordered, so we have a CCC car instead. Nonetheless, I'm immensely enjoying the trip.
It's really a great route. There always seems to be something beautiful to see out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back