"Confessions of a Pullman Conductor"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profwebs

Service Attendant
Been a while since I've added anything to the forums, but I had to post this. All I have to say is WOW. I'm not quite done reading this book, but it does show why unions were once necessary. You can download and read it for free here: Confessions of a Pullman Conductor. Not only does it reveal shocking labor practices, but also about the safety of women at that time.

I came across this after starting to do proofreading at pgdp.net. I'm planning on getting a clearance line for this book a nd a few other old rail books to get them on Project Gutenberg

I've always been a reader, but stayed away from old books thinking that the material would be outdated or they'd just be uninteresting. Not so! I'm finding proofreading old books to be a fun hobby and a great way to keep sharp, and most aren't all boring. In fact it's like stepping into history.

I recommend anyone who likes to read check out pgdp and help preserve books for future generations.

Back