Connecting Bus SFC-EMY when Train 14 is delayed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be taking CS #14 north from Emeryville. My ticket starts from San Francisco on the short thruway bus connection, scheduled to depart 8:50pm to connect with the CS regularly scheduled to depart EMY at 9:41pm. What happens if the CS is significantly late (say two or more hours)? Does the bus still leave SF at its originally scheduled time, or will its departure also be delayed? All things considered, I'd rather wait at home than in the barren EMY station late at night.

And if it does depart on its original schedule, if I don't show up for the bus, will I forfeit my entire train ticket, or just the bus portion?

Thanks.

I will be taking CS #14 north from Emeryville. My ticket starts from San Francisco on the short thruway bus connection, scheduled to depart 8:50pm to connect with the CS regularly scheduled to depart EMY at 9:41pm. What happens if the CS is significantly late (say two or more hours)? Does the bus still leave SF at its originally scheduled time, or will its departure also be delayed? All things considered, I'd rather wait at home than in the barren EMY station late at night.

And if it does depart on its original schedule, if I don't show up for the bus, will I forfeit my entire train ticket, or just the bus portion?

Thanks.
From what I remember the bus will depart on time from SF. That way if the train makes up significant time you're not caught out while waiting for the bus to take you to the train.

I can't speak to a ticket getting canceled if you miss the bus; that might be in the Contract of Carriage. I would assume that if you miss the bus the ticket gets canceled, assuming Amtrak follows the same practices as airlines.

From what I remember the bus will depart on time from SF. That way if the train makes up significant time you're not caught out while waiting for the bus to take you to the train.

I can't speak to a ticket getting canceled if you miss the bus; that might be in the Contract of Carriage. I would assume that if you miss the bus the ticket gets canceled, assuming Amtrak follows the same practices as airlines.
Amtrak has changed its no-show policy, theoretically, you can now board your connecting leg without your trip being forfitted. Luckily, #14 is usually not terribly late arriving EMY, so hopefully things will work out the best for you.

Back