CONO Boarding 3/12 in Memphis

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am leaving on my annual trip to Phoenix tomorrow night 3/12. CONO to Chicago, then SWC to Flagstaff. I am seeing a service disruption on the Amtrak website for 58 and learned here it is due to the recent rain and flooding in northern Mississippi with bustitutions from Jackson to Memphis if I understand it correctly. So the question is---are they turning 59 in Memphis into 58, if so, is it safe to assume that the train will be available for boarding, I am in a sleeper, by 10:00p.m, the normal arrival time. Or will I have to wait for the crew to arrive on the bus to board, or could it be both??

I have not gotten any message from Amtrak yet, not complaining, just reading into that---the train will be there----when I can get on is another story.

Anyone out there just go thru this?

Thanks!

I cannot answer your question but I can verify that #59 just departed Chicago on time so it should arrive Memphis on time tomorrow. I can verify that through Railstream Cams(a pay site) which I subscribe to and just watched 59 depart passing the cam at MH Tower in Chicago. There is no record of the status of today's 58 although I think it probably did depart on time from New Orleans even though it is identified as "service disruption". Hopefully all is well in North Mississippi and the flood waters will quickly recede. I have a trip booked on CONO NOLA to Chicago March 29. Hopefully, all will return to normal by then.

FYI, "MH Tower" isn't a place on the railroad. "MH" is the initials of the guy running the cam.

He apparently lives in one of the apartment towers near Union Ave., where the St. Charles Air Line meets BNSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back