CONO Bustitutions 3/10 Due to Washout

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C855B

Service Attendant
CN tracks washed away in today's (3/10) big storms (not sure of exact location yet) are resulting in bustitution bridges between CDL and JAN. Equipment is being turned at these points.

EDIT: Corrected code for Jackson, MS.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it can't!

I'm sitting in the Metropolitan Lounge in CHI this very moment waiting to board 59. FORTUNATELY we get off at CEN. The line at the desk asking about refunds is fun to watch... but I do feel sorry for those folks.

Further info is the problem is flash flooding in northern Mississippi, and the tracks are covered; no info about damage or duration of outage.

CN tracks washed away in today's (3/10) big storms (not sure of exact location yet) are resulting in bustitution bridges between CDL and JXN. Equipment is being turned at these points.
Need clarification. JXN is Jackson, MI(Michigan) and not on the CONO route. If anyone knows where the washouts are please let us know. I'll be riding CONO March 29 and have already experienced the NOLA to Jackson, MS bus ride. This sounds like the washout is around the Ohio and Mississippi River between Carbondale, IL and Memphis, TN.

My bad. JAN. The classic MS/MI dislexia. Info I had out of CHI corroborated by news reports was flash flooding in northern MS.

UPDATE: We were just informed that 59 will be bused between Memphis and Jackson. No further info on 58.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back