CONO running with 2 locomotives lately

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nti1094

Service Attendant
Since my new apartment is on Tennessee street right in the S curve the CONO takes as it approaches Central Station in Memphis I have taken note of every train for the past few weeks. Lately I have noticed that one of the 3 trainsets the CONO uses in its rotation has had an additional P-42 in the consist. Otherwise it’s the usual no baggage, Dorm, Sleeper, CCC, Sightseer, Coach Baggage, Coach, Coach. Any particular reason other than equipment moves?

There also was the tropical storm that curtailed Crescent and Sunset Limited services. Two engines on the City of New Orleans would allow for the train to terminate, run the engines around, and return north to Chicago if the weather made accessing New Orleans a problem.

There also was the tropical storm that curtailed Crescent and Sunset Limited services. Two engines on the City of New Orleans would allow for the train to terminate, run the engines around, and return north to Chicago if the weather made accessing New Orleans a problem.
Wait a minute....Do you really want us to believe Amtrak did something proactive?

Back