Continental One Pass

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also a debit card that offers 1 mile per $1, but the annual fee is $65. You'd have to decide if the extra $40 is worth it. If you plan to put a lot of transactions on it, probably, but not if you're mainly getting the account for the bonus.

Note that "qualifying purchases" are using the card without using a PIN -- you have to select "credit" rather than debit.

And to avoid a monthly service charge, you need to set up direct deposit or have at least 5 qualifying purchases per month.

The first 22.5K of the 25K bonus miles posted, as well as my Continental flight segments I took last week. All in all a positive experience in both ways. For coach, CO was as good as, if not better, than any airline I'd flown. And when I checked in, I was offered a FC Upgrade on one nearly 3 hour segment for $79, and I quickly jumped on that to get the experience. Between the food, drinks, and comfort, I really have to admit that for once, I thoroughly enjoyed a flight.

Of course thanks to the drinks, I really only had a vague clue of where I was, making it vastly different from Amtrak Sleeper where you absorb the scenery as part of the experience instead of shielding yourself from it! :)

Back