Corning New York

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Did Amtrak at one time have a stop in Corning, New York. I thought I remembered a friend telling me this. I have not been able to see a stop there. Has anyone ever taken a train that has a close stop to there? Thanks for your help.

I don't think Amtrak ever did serve the city, the city is about 60 miles South of Rochester, New York. But I may be mistaken though.

I believe this line was discontinued when Amtrak first took over. Prior to that, passenger service through Corning was on the Erie Lackawanna RR to Chicago. I did ride this line as a youngster.

warbonnet said:
I believe this line was discontinued when Amtrak first took over. Prior to that, passenger service through Corning was on the Erie Lackawanna RR to Chicago. I did ride this line as a youngster.
Can you recall what the motive power was when you rode it?

I believe F-7's were used on the E.L. for pax service by the research I've done, Page 61 in the July '03 issue of "Trains" magazine has a photo of 2 F units in Erie livery at Dearborn St, Chi town.

Wb

warbonnet said:
I believe F-7's were used on the E.L. for pax service by the research I've done, Page 61 in the July '03 issue of "Trains" magazine has a photo of 2 F units in Erie livery at Dearborn St, Chi town.
Wb
Ok, Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back