Covid era cleaning

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rail sale

Train Attendant
I was on the westbound CZ Thursday and was really impressed by the noticeably clean interior, I remarked to folks at my destination how crazy clean the 40-year-old car looked but frustratingly on the return trip today (lnk-chi) the car looked really skuzzy, and it was even the most updated version of the Superliner coach. Using my one trip data set, are: they having issues ramping up to daily service, California to Nebraska riders are slobs, the CHI Union Station cleaning crews just really good at cleaning, or I was lucky once.
PXL_20220213_191945068.jpg

You were lucky. For my recent trip, the eastbound from WNN on 1/10 was remarkably clean, and the westbound leaving CHI on 2/5 was very shabby, with floors that looked like they had not been cleaned on the turnaround and trash rolling under the roomette seats.
The famous "roll in roll out" servicing method of Chicago? :D

You were lucky. For my recent trip, the eastbound from WNN on 1/10 was remarkably clean, and the westbound leaving CHI on 2/5 was very shabby, with floors that looked like they had not been cleaned on the turnaround and trash rolling under the roomette seats.
This just confirms what I've said for a long time. Never, ever look under roomette seats if you want a happy trip. Ignorance is bliss. Dust Godzillas may be the least of it down there.

This just confirms what I've said for a long time. Never, ever look under roomette seats if you want a happy trip. Ignorance is bliss. Dust Godzillas may be the least of it down there.

Only if something of mine must be retrieved from under there... something rolled down between the bed and the wall while I was sleeping, and I needed it. Luckily, this time the trash was only a water bottle that had been left behind by a former occupant.

You need to get a robot, Roomba. Just put it in the bedroom and close the door for a half hr.
I was thinking the same thing. My Roomba named Jeeves, does an excellent job under the bed and then comes out and complains about "Bin Full" or something like that :D

Back