Crescent day trip?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iPat09

Train Attendant
I live in Columbus, MS and Tuscaloosa isn't that far from me. I've ridden the CONO many times, but have never ridden the crescent. While I have a trip to New Orleans coming up in March, I was wondering if there was a quick day trip within the Crescent I could do before then. I don't really care which direction, just something to do on a weekend to break up the monotony of everyday life. I'm not opposed to getting a hotel if I need to stay overnight somewhere, but I would prefer a destination where I could travel to, spend a few hours, and then hop back on the return trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, unfortunately the Crescents daily pretty much meet in Tuscaloosa, so there's nowhere to ride "up and back" the same day.

Id say ride #19 to NOL, spend a fun night in the Crescent City ( a City that doesn't sleep),catch #20 the Next morning @ 7am, have breakfast in the Diner as you cross the Lake, then sleep on the way back home ( nothing to see here folks!)

No Hotel or Sleeper necessary!

Back