Crescent H room sold out

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cassie225

I arrived on the crescent June 13 and every since have been trying to get H room for return on 28. I was blessed to get the last sleeper, I guess, the day after I arrived. Been calling ever since, put on waiting list, but alas I think the H room will not be ours. Is this just a busy time of year for the crescent so I will know to make travel plans accordingly . Agent keeps saying sold out . When we get to Philly tomorrow I will still keep inquiring. Anybody thinks its gonna happen for us ?

Since there are only two H Rooms on the entire train, they sell pretty quickly. The only advice is to keep trying and maybe something will eventually open up. The more flexibility you have on travel dates the better your chances. Keep checking Amsnag for a 30 day list of open rooms.

More and more people I know (including those of us with knee and hip problems) are traveling on Amtrak once they realize there is a room downstairs near restrooms, showers and access to food via a car attendant delivery. :D Of course, the Crescent is a single level train and thus some of those concerns are not applicable there.

I have recommended that room to several of my local friends here in Ohio and they will probably grab that room on the Capitol Ltd when they travel :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The H room is really nice and spacious and because my daughter is mobility challenged she is able to ride Amtrak in comfort and she has enough room to maneuver . We were both able to sleep in the bottom bunk, I've had knee surgery and climbing that ladder might have been hard. I will know next time to book far in advance

The Crescent is just in general very popular, especially through Atlanta. In season, out of season, whatever.

There's a decent chance at least one "H-Room" will clear out once you reach Atlanta, and if you're in a bedroom, and if the sleeper attendant is accommodating, and if you're able to slip them a $20 ;) , they MIGHT allow you to move into the then-vacant H-room at that point.

Sometimes the attendant on the Crescent will tell you that the H rooms are unavailable south of Atlanta just so they can spread out in there for a few hours. Or, one of the other train crew will take the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back