Crescent seems to be late most every day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enoreeman

Train Attendant
The Crescent seems to be getting hung up around Tuscaloosa on a regular basis. does anyone have any info on what could be the problem in that area?

Yes, but it's also where 19 and 20 meet daily, trying to serve a station with a single track at about the same time, right by a diamond crossing. There's always at least SOME delays.

As a Trails and Rails volunteer, I have been on 19/20 many times in the past few years. I don't know why, but the stretch between TCL and MEI is prone to delays in both directions.. The crews even refer to it as the "Bermuda Triangle". There are two major rivers with single track bridges in that area, but I'm sure that's not the only issue. Also, 19 seems to get delayed south of CVS from time to time, which mean late arrival into ATL.

I will be on it next month on a trip to Reno and am keeping an eye on it's status each day, so as to have a rough idea of how late it might be getting into Spartanburg. At least i will have about a 6 hour window in DC before the CAP leaves for CUS.

The Crescent seems to be getting hung up around Tuscaloosa on a regular basis. does anyone have any info on what could be the problem in that area?
Is this where they have annual track work?
It's all along the route, but that's only in January and February and during that time 19/20 terminate/originate at ATL.
Ah, ok. After I posted that I was thinking I remembered the termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back