Crescent Service Disruptions??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HotlantaAl

Train Attendant
Okay, what's up with the Crescent lately?

Today is the third service disruption in the past week.

Anybody know what's up?

Okay, what's up with the Crescent lately?

Today is the third service disruption in the past week.

Anybody know what's up?
Freight train derailment in Hale Co. Alabama between Tuscaloosa and Meridian,MS.
There's a link to a news report about the derailment....

http://www.abc3340.com/story/14991925/train-derailment-in-hale-county

Apparently a tree fell across the tracks and it was big enough to derail the locomotives and first 23 cars. Train 19 was supposed to be the next train through and became trapped just south of the derailment. None of the reports say how Amtrak ended up getting around the derailment or if they turned back to NOL and bused passengers to Tuscaloosa or Birmingham to meet the other trainset to go north.

Thanks, let me ask another question. Did you just get back from an Amtrak trip to the west coast? I think I met you if thats true.

Thanks, let me ask another question. Did you just get back from an Amtrak trip to the west coast? I think I met you if thats true.
Yup, we left ATN and went to SEA, via NOL-CHI-SAC, and returned via LAX-NOL-ATN. We left on the 1st and returned on the 15th. We were supposed to go on the EB but went the CZ and CS going and the CS and SSL returning.

I had lunch with you two when you first got on the 19 Crescent and saw both of you 2 weeks later in the NOL lounge before you took the #20 home. Small world.

So i was sitting in a greasy spoon this morning in clemson and see the crescent go by. Ok so it is running late, but then I realize that it is going northbound. Glad i am not on that train.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back