Crew & Accommodations Information Brochure

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckysBarn

Lead Service Attendant
I've scanned this brochure I acquired, which describes what the conductor, trainmen, attendant, steward, chef, waiter & porter do. It also describes roomette, bedroom, compartment, drawing room, bedroom suite, slumber coach, "day travel" and parlor seats. There is no date on the brochure, but it is Amtrak. Any guesses?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've scanned this brochure I acquired, which describes what the conductor, trainmen, attendant, steward, chef, waiter & porter do. It also describes roomette, bedroom, compartment, drawing room, bedroom suite, slumber coach, "day travel" and parlor seats. There is no date on the brochure, but it is Amtrak. Any guesses?
I'm guessing 1971 to 1975 or maybe 1978......? Mr. FSSSSSSSSSS?

Me thinks you have a collectors item. It looks like a day 1 brochure or very early 70's (based on the E unit re-paint) and they do use the term "porter" which I was led to believe died on May 1st, 1971. Parlor cars didn't last long either.

Me thinks you have a collectors item. It looks like a day 1 brochure or very early 70's (based on the E unit re-paint) and they do use the term "porter" which I was led to believe died on May 1st, 1971. Parlor cars didn't last long either.
That would be good news! I paid $5 for that brochure & a Western Pacific California Zephyr (1969) timetable. I guess I did alright :)

You did stupendous...Carl Loucks, perhaps the biggest TT retailer in the USA, would probably get around $15 for just the Rio Grande TT. As an avid collector I would give somewhere around $15 for your brochure based on the fact that I've never seen one and it is early, early Amtrak.

I have to agree with Had8ley. Very early Amtrak as they used those E units at the start. Mid-70's at the latest. Shame it is so stained.

It doesn't give very detailed descriptions of the rooms. The compartment is bigger than a bedroom and a drawing room is bigger than a compartment. Are there any diagrams or dimensions for compartments or drawing rooms? I really want to know what I'm missing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back