cruise line discount?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
I thought Amtrak offered a discount if you are traveling on a certain cruise line and using the train to get there. Just called and they said it may only be in a package? hmmm Has anyone traveled on Carnival lately and got a discount on the train?

I thought Amtrak offered a discount if you are traveling on a certain cruise line and using the train to get there. Just called and they said it may only be in a package? hmmm Has anyone traveled on Carnival lately and got a discount on the train?
Only Amtrak discounts I know are AAA, NARP and Student Advantage. There isn't any cruise line they have a blanket discount with, although they used to run packages for cruises out of New Orleans on the Sunset Limited that might have gotten discounted fares.

Amtrak does offer a discount for NCL cruises. It can be applied to travel to and from the cruiseport. They will ask for your cruise booking number, and sometimes (not always) they ask to see your cruise ticket when you pick up your rail ticket to verify. The beauty of this discount is, it gives you 20% off the railfare AND the sleeping accomodations. For NCL for 2011 the code is V639. In the past they have had a code for Carnival also, but when you call to inquire, you might have to go through several agents before you find one that knows about it.

Yes, I am going on a Carnival cruise this Sunday and taking the train down to Orlando for it. I found the Amtrak discount at this link:

http://www.railserve.com/amtrak_coupons.html

It's about halfway down the page. Carnival code is V555. You have to call Amtrak to get the discount and the customer service reps NEVER seem to know anything about it..........but, just give them the promo code and all was taken care of.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the link but you have to use it by December 31rst. Do you think they will know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back