CS #11 now

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxjim

Service Attendant
Greetings All,

SB on CS #11 from PDX to SAC... last minute trip to visit friends who need excuse to see the Railroad Museum! I'm in car 1131 #32011 which has touch controls instead of the usual rocker arm light and "call attendant" controls. First time I have seen these controls and I am not impressed.

One huge drawback is that there is NO ability to turn off the excessively loud PA and all the chatter from the diner, SSL and Parlour Car attendants. I wonder what BG engineer forgot about the speakers. I am assured that after 10pm all will be quiet...

I had a great halibut in lobster sauce dinner and wonderful dinner companions in the diner. Skipped the Parlour Car (Napa Valley #39972) offer of lamb or lobster bisque. Guess a lot of people were upset they didn't get lamb.

My SCA is Robin, a 22 year veteran who goes above and beyond. She promptly asked if I was familiar with the sleeper and got my refreshment and because I wasn't on the manifest urged me to get a dinner reservation promptly. Lucky I got the last slot or I would have waited til the very last seating...

Using a Verizon "hot-spot" since the Parlour wi-fi doesn't extend to me.

I brought the movie "Unstoppable" with me...

Jim

Enjoy the (short) ride on this great train.

If Robin is your SCA, then most likely Joy is in the other car. I had him as my SCA last month and he was great also.

Regards,

Cristian

Joy is indeed the SCA for the 1430 car. Had a great visit with him and he appreciates the kind remarks.. told him about this website and he will be checking it out.

Joy was especially interested about complaints... he has a great feel for customer service. Today his sleeper was bad ordered at the last minute in Seattle. All of the amenity kits, cider and champagne were on the car left in Seattle... try to explain that to your passengers...

He has a really nice group of Australian passengers riding with him... lots of fun talking with them.

Regards,

Jim

\

Joy is indeed the SCA for the 1430 car. Had a great visit with him and he appreciates the kind remarks.. told him about this website and he will be checking it out.

Joy was especially interested about complaints... he has a great feel for customer service. Today his sleeper was bad ordered at the last minute in Seattle. All of the amenity kits, cider and champagne were on the car left in Seattle... try to explain that to your passengers...

He has a really nice group of Australian passengers riding with him... lots of fun talking with them.

Regards,

Jim
Nice report, I hope to do the CS in the fall, will keep Robin and Joy in mind when I get out to that section of my trip.

BTW - Whenever you have excellent service please be sure to send Amtrak a note with the attendants name, train and dates.

A friend of mine works as a Conductor and she says the notes for excellent service are indeed taken very seriously and can be especially helpful when other complain.

Touch controls?

Can you post a pic? Thanks
hi.gif

Well, I would be glad to put up a picture, but I don't have the slightest idea how. I'm still getting used to new MacBook. I looked at the icons associated with the editor but not sure what to do!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back