CS to EB question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penfrydd

Service Attendant
I understand that the connection from EB to CS is no longer guaranteed, but what about the CS to EB? That'll really change my plans for my big trip next year if that's the case.

I understand that the connection from EB to CS is no longer guaranteed, but what about the CS to EB? That'll really change my plans for my big trip next year if that's the case.
The Coast Starlight to Empire Builder connection at Portland is still valid.

It is only the connections "from" the EB on both ends. The connections "to" the EB are still guaranteed.

This may be a stupid question/observation, but if the EB eastbound is usually more than 5 hours late, how can the westbound get back in time for the next eastbound to be in time for the CS? Is there that much time at the end of the runs for servicing, etc?

The EB has been operating with six trainsets, instead of the normal five.

This may be a stupid question/observation, but if the EB eastbound is usually more than 5 hours late, how can the westbound get back in time for the next eastbound to be in time for the CS? Is there that much time at the end of the runs for servicing, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back