CUS Metropolitan Lounge Amenities Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmbgeg

Engineer
I will be travelling into CUS next week at 3:55 PM on a weekday, which is only 1:55 PM back home in the west. I depart eastbound on the LSL about 5.5 hours later. Since this is a business trip on a work day, I would be interested in in accessing a desktop computer with printer and possibly a fax machine in the Metropolitan Lounge if they are available. I can read and send e-mail readily on my Blackberry but viewing PDFs and other documents is not easy and I can't print from the phone.... Does the CUS Metro Lounge have these types of customer business oriented amenities? It would be nice to have 3 hours to exchange documents with my office. Not critical as my hotel the next day will have a business center, but would make the layover more productive.

I will be traveling into CUS next week at 3:55 PM on a weekday, which is only 1:55 PM back home in the west. I depart eastbound on the LSL about 5.5 hours later. Since this is a business trip on a work day, I would be interested in in accessing a desktop computer with printer and possibly a fax machine in the Metropolitan Lounge if they are available. I can read and send e-mail readily on my Blackberry but viewing PDFs and other documents is not easy and I can't print from the phone.... Does the CUS Metro Lounge have these types of customer business oriented amenities? It would be nice to have 3 hours to exchange documents with my office. Not critical as my hotel the next day will have a business center, but would make the layover more productive.
There is one public computer but no printer that I have ever seen. No "business center" at all. There is wi-fi if you have your own laptop with you.

I will be traveling into CUS next week at 3:55 PM on a weekday, which is only 1:55 PM back home in the west. I depart eastbound on the LSL about 5.5 hours later. Since this is a business trip on a work day, I would be interested in in accessing a desktop computer with printer and possibly a fax machine in the Metropolitan Lounge if they are available. I can read and send e-mail readily on my Blackberry but viewing PDFs and other documents is not easy and I can't print from the phone.... Does the CUS Metro Lounge have these types of customer business oriented amenities? It would be nice to have 3 hours to exchange documents with my office. Not critical as my hotel the next day will have a business center, but would make the layover more productive.
There is one public computer but no printer that I have ever seen. No "business center" at all. There is wi-fi if you have your own laptop with you.
Thanks. Better than nothing. Many airline clubs and hotel concierge lounges have a small cornet dedicated to a computer workstation, printer and fax. I was not thinking a full business center. The workstation will allow me to read e-mails with attachments, reply and then print what I need at the hotel the next day.

Be warned: The terminal in the CUS lounge is EXTREMELY slow!! I would suggest you bring your laptop as the WiFi works well.

I have never seen a printer or a fax.

Be warned: The terminal in the CUS lounge is EXTREMELY slow!! I would suggest you bring your laptop as the WiFi works well.I have never seen a printer or a fax.
I have given up taking my laptap when I travel. Between taking a wheeled garment bag, suitcase, carry on bag and sometimes one other bag, the fifth piece (laptop) can be too much to get around with without Red Cap service. As for the slow connection in the lounge, can't they get DSL or similar service?

Be warned: The terminal in the CUS lounge is EXTREMELY slow!! I would suggest you bring your laptop as the WiFi works well.I have never seen a printer or a fax.
I have given up taking my laptap when I travel. Between taking a wheeled garment bag, suitcase, carry on bag and sometimes one other bag, the fifth piece (laptop) can be too much to get around with without Red Cap service. As for the slow connection in the lounge, can't they get DSL or similar service?

I don't think the connection speed is the problem that computer gets a lot use, and I'm sure it wasn't a cutting edge system when it was purchased.

I will be travelling into CUS next week at 3:55 PM on a weekday, which is only 1:55 PM back home in the west. I depart eastbound on the LSL about 5.5 hours later. Since this is a business trip on a work day, I would be interested in in accessing a desktop computer with printer and possibly a fax machine in the Metropolitan Lounge if they are available. I can read and send e-mail readily on my Blackberry but viewing PDFs and other documents is not easy and I can't print from the phone.... Does the CUS Metro Lounge have these types of customer business oriented amenities? It would be nice to have 3 hours to exchange documents with my office. Not critical as my hotel the next day will have a business center, but would make the layover more productive.
I was at CUS two weeks ago and was killing 3 hours between the EB and CL, and the internet connection on the desktop was not working

I don't think the connection speed is the problem that computer gets a lot use, and I'm sure it wasn't a cutting edge system when it was purchased.
They need to get a clue, even if they have to let a vendor put one or more pay per minute by credit card updated machines in there with a high speed connection. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings!

The last time I was in the Met Lounge at CUS a couple of folks were complaining that the internet connection did not work. It may be a chronic problem. I had my laptop but didn't try the wifi so I can't comment on that.

Dave

I found the wifi connection there to be pretty slow too.
So slow that they must be using Amtrak trains to deliver the packets.
LOL.

Then you'd better not try to send an email to Tampa - it'll have a 6+ hour layover in WAS and then be routed on a bus from Orlando!.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the lounge last week (for the first time) and I thought it was great. It was very spacious, nice free drinks and snacks, and a much better place to wait than the main waiting room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back