C'ya Lata

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
I leave early tomorrow morning for the Windy City via the Nations Capitol on Amtrak. I'll be returning Sunday. Hopefully everything will work out and I've got my fingers crossed. B)

OK!!

Hope you have a great time in my town. A tip: If you get a chance, when you get off at Union Station, go to the farthest end of the platform and watch Metra Commuter Trains arrrive and leave...up close. Also, at 18th street and Clinton ( a mile south of downtown ) is the Amtrak rail yards. Constant movement of AMtrak, Metra, and freight is there...."a Kodac paradise" for train watchers!!

IGo

Let's hope he's faster than me, I haven't thought about mine in over a month! :lol:

Amfleet, hope your trip went as well as mine. I guess you were not affected by the power outage as was I (in NYC). P.S. It did not affect any of my long distance plans.

Between work, meeting Bill, and power failures; I completely forgot to track Amfleet's trip. :eek: Sorry. :(

So therefore, even though it's a little late, Amfleet arrived into Chicago only 18 minutes late on Thursday morning. I'm not sure about his return, but if he left Chicago yesterday, Saturday the 16th, then he arrived in DC 17 minutes early today at 12:03 PM. I guess that's to make up for arriving 18 minutes late.

In theory he would then have caught train #194, which was last reported at Newark NJ running 15 minutes down.

If he's leaving Chicago today, well then he hasn't left yet.

AlanB said:
Between work, meeting Bill, and power failures; I completely forgot to track Amfleet's trip. :eek: Sorry. :(

So therefore, even though it's a little late, Amfleet arrived into Chicago only 18 minutes late on Thursday morning. I'm not sure about his return, but if he left Chicago yesterday, Saturday the 16th, then he arrived in DC 17 minutes early today at 12:03 PM. I guess that's to make up for arriving 18 minutes late.

In theory he would then have caught train #194, which was last reported at Newark NJ running 15 minutes down.

If he's leaving Chicago today, well then he hasn't left yet.
Alan, don't worry about it. I was actually quite concerned when I heard oif the blackout as I knew you were right in the midst of it. I think I mis-worded my statement. When I said returning Sunday I meant, leaving Chicago. Probably should have said leaving Chicago, not returning. We arrived 18 minutes late on Monday. 94 was 13 minutes late into Providence Monday night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back