CZ Detour

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alang

Train Attendant
We will be taking the CZ to California (and back) from Iowa in a couple of weeks and would appreciate rider reports regarding the detour around Omaha from Lincoln, NE to Creston, IA. Opinions and observations of the membership are always appreciated.

On a similar topic, I can't find any information about the Omaha detour. I've heard it exists, but don't see any mention of it on Amtrak's website. I'm suppose to depart out of Omaha in about a month, should I be showing up at the station and they bus me somewhere or what? Just seems odd that if the train isn't actually going into Omaha, that they still sell tickets out of Omaha with no warning flags or anything.

Last I heard was they are busing either to Creston, IA or Lincoln,NE, depending on your direction of travel....not sure if that is still the case.....probably best to call AMTRAK directly at 1-800-872-7245....

This detour is via a congested freight line, so expect to be a few hours late (if you're lucky!
ohmy.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back