CZ in September

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Train Attendant
Been on the Zephyr twice before out to Glenwood from Chicago but am planning another trip to California to see that portion of the route but am thinking of ending at Sacramento or other spot rather than going all the way to Emeryville.

Any suggestions as to alternatives to Sacramento as my end point? I'm recovering from knee surgery so I am not planning on anything more than flat walking wherever I decide to visit. I would like to see the Sierra Nevada Mountains from the train but have half a mind to investigate SLC, so I might check out getting off there and then reboarding a day or two later and continuing west or going straight through on the west bound leg and then getting off in SLC on the eastbound trip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as planning and researching new things is half the fun of such a trip.

Thanks.

Jester

Been on the Zephyr twice before out to Glenwood from Chicago but am planning another trip to California to see that portion of the route but am thinking of ending at Sacramento or other spot rather than going all the way to Emeryville.
Any suggestions as to alternatives to Sacramento as my end point? I'm recovering from knee surgery so I am not planning on anything more than flat walking wherever I decide to visit. I would like to see the Sierra Nevada Mountains from the train but have half a mind to investigate SLC, so I might check out getting off there and then reboarding a day or two later and continuing west or going straight through on the west bound leg and then getting off in SLC on the eastbound trip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as planning and researching new things is half the fun of such a trip.

Thanks.

Jester
Very close to the Amtrak station in SAC is the California Railroad Museum in Old Town. Very nice places to visit with several hotels very close by. Lots of good eats in Old Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back