Darjeeling Himalayan Railway

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jis

Permanent Way Inspector
Staff member
Administator
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Since I am aware of at least one more admirer on this board of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway - my most favorite rail line in the world, I thought I will share a Blog on it from The Statesman of Calcutta. Just to grab your attention I transcribe an image onto this message....

darjeeling-himalayan-railway.jpg

which shows an original Class B engine heading a train on the famous Batasia figure 8 loop with the world's third highest peak, Kanchenjungha looming in the background.

Here is the short Blog.

I will post additional stuff on DHR in this thread from time to time, and of course Whooz and anyone else is most welcome to do so too.

Indian Railways maintains a separate Official Website of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway with quite a bit of very interesting information of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I am aware of at least one more admirer on this board of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway - my most favorite rail line in the world, I thought I will share a Blog on it from The Statesman of Calcutta. Just to grab your attention I transcribe an image onto this message....
darjeeling-himalayan-railway.jpg

which shows an original Class B engine heading a train on the famous Batasia figure 8 loop with the world's third highest peak, Kanchenjungha looming in the background.

Here is the short Blog.

I will post additional stuff on DHR in this thread from time to tie, and of course Whooz and anyone else is most welcome to do so too.

Indian Railways maintains a separate Official Website of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway with quite a bit of very interesting information of it.
What a great RR!Lucky you to get to ride it! :)Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back