David Gunn Resigns

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Amtrak CEO Resigns
In a surprise move, Amtrak President David L. Gunn has suddenly resigned. It is speculated that a position has been newly created for him at the troubled VIA Rail Canada. April 1 is the first day of the Canadian government fiscal year, buttressing this speculation. Gunn is soon expected to make an announcement in Montreal but since he does not drive an automobile and cannot use Amtrak because of the unworkable Amtrak train connections between Washington DC and Montreal, it is reported that he is on a Peter Pan bus to New York City, there to make ongoing connections into Canada.
Full article can be found here.

Amfleet while its a good prank, it wasn't that original. I know of at least two other forums that somebody used that same article.

Should I warn the Canadians Have ties there ?????

Not orginal but funny

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D B) B) B) B)

Hey, Amfleet---I remember LAST YEAR!!!! And you may recall that a giant whale is on its way to swallow up all of Cape Cod......I think it will be there in about 15 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

For the record, original or not, the whole article is very funny. Esp. about churning some stainless steel equipment into knives and forks.........my God........ Needless to say I would have had a heart attack if I had not remembered last year when you said the Acela's were all going to be axed, or eaten or something. (when I was soon to take my first ride on it)

By the way, that whale will be there in about five minutes.... :lol: :lol: :p

Viewliner said:
Amfleet while its a good prank, it wasn't that original.  I know of at least two other forums that somebody used that same article.
Notice the link to the article on Trainorders. I wasn't trying to be original, but merely spreading the joy.

Happy belated 4/1 to everyone! :lol: B)

Bill Haithcoat said:
Hey, Amfleet---I remember LAST YEAR!!!!  And you may recall that a giant whale is on its way to swallow up all of Cape Cod......I  think it will be there in about 15 minutes. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :D   :D
Still no whale Bill! C'mon, gettin' tired of waiting! :lol: B) :lol: :)

Amfleet said:
Bill Haithcoat said:
Hey, Amfleet---I remember LAST YEAR!!!!  And you may recall that a giant whale is on its way to swallow up all of Cape Cod......I  think it will be there in about 15 minutes. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :D   :D
Still no whale Bill! C'mon, gettin' tired of waiting! :lol: B) :lol: :)
Maybe UP is dispatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back