David Gunn Speech to the National Press Club

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
You can watch David Gunn's speech to the National Press Club by going to www.cspan.org and do a video search on "David Gunn". One result should come up and that is the most recent one with the National Press Club. You will need real player to watch the video. The entire speech from intro to end is about one hour.

I thought the speech was very well done and it once again assures me that Mr. Gunn is the right man for the right job. Take a look for your self! :)

Amfleet,

I don't think that the board allows for HTML in the posts. So you'll have to use the UBB codes.

I have the David Gunn Speech Transcript for this luncheon in MS Word format for whomever is interested.

Please e-mail me if you would like a copy.

You're welcome. B)

Amtrak Railfan said:
Hello there I want that Transcript please.
Amtrak Railfan,

If you want that transcript, then you will have to send Amfleet Fan an email. You can do that by clicking on the email link in his post. This will bring up a screen for you to type your request for Amfleet Fan to send you the transcript.

While you do have you email link enabled, Amfleet Fan will not be able to send you the file. Our board only sends emails, but it does not allow people to send files.

So you must first send him an email using my directions above, so that he knows where to send the transcript. :)

Hey Alan. Thanks for your comment there. :)

The transcript has some very interesting info.

One of the really positive things I read was this comment by David Gunn:

"We`ve also rebuilt, believe it or not, or will have rebuilt by the middle of October three antique diners. They`re heritage dining cars, 44-seat diners. They`ve been completely rebuilt because we found in the warehouse we had three complete diner sets of dishwashers, stoves, refrigerators and so forth. So we said, "Well, we might as well put them in a car and use them," because we need the diners. "

So, I wonder what trains will get these diners.

Amfleet Fan said:
"We`ve also rebuilt, believe it or not, or will have rebuilt by the middle of October three antique diners. They`re heritage dining cars, 44-seat diners. They`ve been completely rebuilt because we found in the warehouse we had three complete diner sets of dishwashers, stoves, refrigerators and so forth. So we said, "Well, we might as well put them in a car and use them," because we need the diners. "

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll go to the 3R's. :) However, I'm betting that they will simply be used to help with the maintenance rotations.

In any case it sounds like a good, common-sense judgement call. Just what we need as much of as possible. I, also, dobut that they will be assigned any one specific train.

AlanB said:
Amfleet Fan said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll go to the 3R's. :) However, I'm betting that they will simply be used to help with the maintenance rotations.
If only... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back