Deep-cleaning the Crescent in Nawleans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCrails

Train Attendant
After reading recent discussions on this board about train cleaning (where, how long, how well, who does it, why not done better, comparisons with airlines), I was interested to see an article in Amtrak Ink's March 2011 issue about the opportunity to "deep-clean" the cars during this winter's service interruption.

The March issue is on this page. There's also a cool pic of the Crescent crossing Lake Pontchartrain on the page with the article. I hope to be on that train, on that bridge, crossing that water, some day not too far off!

I couldn't get the article up BUT...the City/Texas Eagle turn face the same "house-cleaning" dilemma; if Sunnyside or Chicago flips the trains without so much as a vacuum job you're looking at mega-miles of cleaning. That leaves NOL with three (the Sunset included) very dirty, high pax mileage LD trains to put in pristine order...

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading recent discussions on this board about train cleaning (where, how long, how well, who does it, why not done better, comparisons with airlines), I was interested to see an article in Amtrak Ink's March 2011 issue about the opportunity to "deep-clean" the cars during this winter's service interruption.

The March issue is on this page. There's also a cool pic of the Crescent crossing Lake Pontchartrain on the page with the article. I hope to be on that train, on that bridge, crossing that water, some day not too far off!
:hi: Thanks for the link/pic! :cool: hadley and I have discussed this many times re the Eagle/CONO run through when Chicago's so called Coach cleaners have been sleeping, slacking off and basically not doing anything! :angry: It's good to see that the NOL crews are doing a good job, perhaps we'll not get anymore of the Filthy Eagles we were getting in the past year! Since I'll be riding the Eastern trains starting soon hope the same thing is happening in Sunnyside and Florida! If not Joe and the Suits in WAS need to take names and kick some ass! :excl: :excl: :excl:

Cars do typically hit e-clean on a regular basis to kill any odd growths/organisms that may pop up. There's a decently large e-clean operation in Sanford, but there's nothing but the best for the pride and joy of the railroad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back