Denver Amtrak Stop

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kt1i

Train Attendant
Next week, I will be passing thgrough Denver on the CZ. I know this is the topic of an old thread but where is the stop right now, The Union Station or the Light Bulb building?

Next week, I will be passing thgrough Denver on the CZ. I know this is the topic of an old thread but where is the stop right now, The Union Station or the Light Bulb building?
As of 5/29 It was Union Station, and there were no signs of construction at the station.

Amtrak.com said:
Denver - Union Station, CO (DEN)Station Building (with waiting room)

1701 Wynkoop Street

Union Station

Denver, CO 80202
Map

Not having ever been to (or thru) Denver it looks like its at Denver Union Station.

peter

Still at Denver Union Station for now...... moving to the cinderblock light-bulb 'temporary' Amshack building later this year.

I was through Denver on #6 May 16 and all of the tracks at Union Station, except for the one the Zephyr backs in on, had been removed just the week before.

I remember stopping there last year on the e/b CZ and thinking it odd that the train backed into the station (especially since there was a Rockies game that evening and the train seemed to block a fairly major road full of arriving fans while doing this). I shrugged it off at the time and just assumed that it was because we had arrived via the Wyoming detour. Of course, I've learned since then that it was simply SOP at Denver Union Station. Baseball fans in Denver must love Amtrak. :D

I was hopeing that someone who had been through there in the last week or two might have current conditions. There was supposed to be a "temporary" platform near Coors Field while Union Station was done over. It could be that the schedule has been delayed and all is as usual.

I was hopeing that someone who had been through there in the last week or two might have current conditions. There was supposed to be a "temporary" platform near Coors Field while Union Station was done over. It could be that the schedule has been delayed and all is as usual.

When I arrived in Denver on May 16th.....not quite four weeks ago, crews were digging in the dirt getting ready to install the drainage system in the area where the new, temporary platform is going to be. The building which will house the Amtrak station showed no outwardly visible signs of being converted yet. It even still had 'For Lease' signs hanging on it. There was absolutely no signage inside the waiting room at Denver Union Station heralding the redevelopment project or announcing Amtrak's imminent relocation......

My best guess....and it is just a guess.... is tht Amtrak will be in Union Station still until at least Labor Day..... and perhaps several weeks after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back