Diner-Lite/SDS on Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foodman53

Train Attendant
Has the Empire Builder gone to the "Diner-Lite/Simplfied Dining Service" concept...or are they still serving a conventional menu. As part of a 30th wedding anniversary Western vacation...we're going to do the EB from Chicago to Seattle in a sleeper, thus meals will be included. This trip will take place in July '07, so I wanted to have an idea of what to expect(understanding that things could change by then)

Also, if anyone has an actual current menu(not a link to Amtrak.com)...could you please post it? Thanks in advance for the assistance!!

From the "Florida Funnel"

Foodman53

The Builder has not changed the Dining Car format (nor has Auto Train), and I am not aware of any plan to change this anytime in the near future.

we were on the eb last month. i think the main differences between sds and what is on the eb is that grilled steaks are avaiable as well as hotcakes for breakfast and burgers for lunch. also amtrak logo china and cutlery. i have the menus and will post photos of them later today if somebody can tell me if that would violate copyright rules by so doing.

I do not have a menu. We rode in September and the food was very good. It was prepared on the train. I highly recommend the lamb shanks. I had them 3 of the 4 nights (round trip) we were on the train. The steak was very good too and my wife said the roast chicken was excellent albeit huge. Breakfast was nothing special. Scrambled eggs, no toast, etc. The burger at lunch was very good. We loved the EB. Sit back and enjoy. We had a bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back