DIner Open for Atlanta Passengers?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mediaman

Train Attendant
Will the diner be open for sleeping car passengers boarding in Atlanta on train 20? I've noticed that it has been running about an hour late and I did not know if they normally serve dinner to sleeping car passengers boarding at that station.

I've ridden the Crescent alot and even when the train was 2 hours late they still served a quick dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're in a sleeping car your SCA will have a reservation waiting for you. If you're in coach I would make an I-Line for the Dining Car as soon as you're on board to get up there.

battalion... The Crescent isn't like the Western trains. Everytime I've boarded in Atlanta (which is alot... It's the closest station to me) I've been told "head on up to the dining car if you'd like dinner" - the Crew is expecting this.

Are the sleepers currently running on the front or rear of the train?
Presently the sleepers are on the front for both the Crescent and Silver Services. It seems like the pattern for the sleepers to be on the rear is during the hard winter months early January-late March when the equipment on the LSL needs to be rotated to the southern services on a more regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back