Diner service returning on full Texas Eagle route!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Just heard from an unofficial source that the dining car staff will be staying on the Texas Eagle all the way to San Antonio. As many of us know the dining car closed by the time the train got to Austin. Now beginning October 19th you will no longer have to have a 4:30 dinner seating when traveling south on the Eagle. Beginning with the return trip on October 20th, you'll be able to have a full hot breakfast leaving SA.

Sounds like some great news to me!

sax

I will be on the southbound from FTW to SAS on Oct 28.

An evening dinner will be nice!!

Most Excellent.

I know those on the #421 and #422 trains will be much better served.

and those of us only riding to SAS, IT's ABOUT TIME.

Speaking of the Diner: anyone know why AMTRAK dropped the ribs from the east Texas company?

Most Excellent.

I know those on the #421 and #422 trains will be much better served.

and those of us only riding to SAS, IT's ABOUT TIME.

Speaking of the Diner: anyone know why AMTRAK dropped the ribs from the east Texas company?
I was told by the LSA on the Eagle (they sometimes know more than us! :lol: ) that they were having problems with complaints about these ribs :help: (I dont care for them myself, thought they were terrible)and as a result they werent getting sold! Also meat prices have been going up so perhaps that's in the purchasing/contracting area of Amtrak?

See I read 'diner' and said "The TE is stealing them from the Cap?" and then I realized you meant diNNer and thought this was a good idea.

*holds hope for full diners being put on the Cap*

MY turkey sammich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back