Diner using wrong room number

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because in the recent past, coach passengers have been allowed to eat in the dining car, if there was enough food. And I expect that will start again, or at least I'm hoping it will.
I think the dining car being open to Business Class on the Starlight now is a test run for that. However, I don't think we will see any more expansion until they can go back to community seating and can also staff up food service. The trains I was on only had one LSA plus one SA working the diners.

I think the dining car being open to Business Class on the Starlight now is a test run for that. However, I don't think we will see any more expansion until they can go back to community seating and can also staff up food service. The trains I was on only had one LSA plus one SA working the diners.
Keep in mind the car attendants have a list of what passengers are in what car. That still doesn’t explain how they know which individual person is which, but it does explain who they should expect at a given seating time.

(The dining staff also note down your Car / room # when you make lunch and dinner reservations)

Back when the Silvers had traditional dining, the dining car crew would notice from what direction passengers entered the dining car. I believe they knew who belonged and who did not. ....and of course back then the car and room number were either filled in by the passenger or by crew.
They know. It’s not a mystery on the train. I don’t think this is a problem.

Back