Dining Car Lunch Specials!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SilverStar Rider

Hi everyone, I'm a frequent Amtrak rider, often going from Miami to Lakeland. I've had the opportunity to eat in the dining car several times and have loved the Thai Chicken Curry with wild rice they serve from time to time.

Does anyone know where I can find / obtain that exact recipe? I've google'd several pages but the pictures in them don't look the same, so it's a bit disappointing.

Since I'm not a member of this board, if you have any answers, please email me at cat.loui3 at gmail.com.

Thanks so much for your help.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm a frequent Amtrak rider, often going from Miami to Lakeland. I've had the opportunity to eat in the dining car several times and have loved the Thai Chicken Curry with wild rice they serve from time to time. Does anyone know where I can find / obtain that exact recipe? I've google'd several pages but the pictures in them don't look the same, so it's a bit disappointing.

Since I'm not a member of this board, if you have any answers, please email me at cat.loui3 at gmail.com.

Join the board for free and folks can PM you and you don't expose your email address.

I'm moving this to the correct forum.

Hi everyone, I'm a frequent Amtrak rider, often going from Miami to Lakeland. I've had the opportunity to eat in the dining car several times and have loved the Thai Chicken Curry with wild rice they serve from time to time. Does anyone know where I can find / obtain that exact recipe? I've google'd several pages but the pictures in them don't look the same, so it's a bit disappointing.

Join the board for free and folks can PM you and you don't expose your email address.

I'm moving this to the correct forum.

which would be the correct forum ?

and i'll create an account

Last year I took the Crescent to New York followed by the silver meteor to orlando and then reverse. I realized on this trip that this "special" has several slight variations which change it into another dish.

add a few mini-shrimps and it's "Jambalaya"

add some mushrooms and it's "Mushroom Chicken with Rice"

stir it up more and it's "Chicken and Rice Casserole"

and of course the thai chicken as you mentioned it. I really started to laugh about this special by several names. Admittedly it is a pretty decent dish.

The recipe I want it the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie served on the Empire Builder this summer. Anyone have a clue?
Sounds like Snickers pie.

Remember that the "recipe" for any of these dishes is designed to serve fifty! :lol:

The recipe I want it the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie served on the Empire Builder this summer. Anyone have a clue?

Remember that the "recipe" for any of these dishes is designed to serve fifty! :lol:
Amtrak Snickers Pie is worth the price of a ticket and then some. I too wouldn't mind the recipe or supplier, but then if it says 50 portions, I consider that to be about 10 portions :)

Amtrak Snickers Pie is worth the price of a ticket and then some. I too wouldn't mind the recipe or supplier, but then if it says 50 portions, I consider that to be about 10 portions :)
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,snickers_pie,FF.html

Nope not a Snickers Pie.. This pie had a chocolate cookie crust and the middle was peanut butter and more chocolate on top with a few peanuts sprinkled on top. Resembled a cheesecake.

What is 19/20?
Thats the Crescent from NOL-NYP (#20)NYP-NOL (#19). I believe the dessert in question is Reese's Peanut Butter Pie, thats what several SAs called it on the Eagle and the EB when I rode this fall? Could that be it, Im sure no gourmet, but its darn good!! :D
And no matter how good you can get it at home, it won't taste near as good as relaxing in a Dining Car whilst enjoying it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back