Dining Options on trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I was talking about diet coke, when I went on my cruise the only place you could get a soda from was a bar, and only bartenders can get them so trying to find a bartender to open his bar at 0700 wasn't really easy. I don't drink coffee or tea in the morning, so if at all possible I like to cover myself making sure I have a diet coke to wake up with...

USAFLady said:
actually I was talking about diet coke, when I went on my cruise the only place you could get a soda from was a bar, and only bartenders can get them so trying to find a bartender to open his bar at 0700 wasn't really easy. I don't drink coffee or tea in the morning, so if at all possible I like to cover myself making sure I have a diet coke to wake up with...
Maybe somebody can help me out here... I think that the sleeping cars are stocked with complimentary soft drinks, coffee, and juices?

Just keep this one thing in mind. If you plan on consuming your own food on the train it must be done so at your seat. Due to FDA regulations only food purchased in the lounge/dining car can be consumed in there. You can consume your own food at your seat (there are fold down tray tables to help you consume it).

I don't plan on taking anything major, just stuff to much on in my cabin, but thanks for the heads up....

FYI - if you are a "Coke" person as am I, better be sure and bring your own stash, as Amtrak is "Pepsi Country" all the way! That includes the dining car, lounge, and the comp sodas in the sleepers. Although keep in mind they may not appreciate your bringing one of your own into the diner or lounge. You will, however, have access to ice in the sleeper, so you can certainly enjoy the "real thing" in the privacy of your own room. BTW - one of the quickest ways to make friends in a sleeper is to be seen with a can of Coke in your hand! - LOL

RandyJay said:
FYI - if you are a "Coke" person as am I, better be sure and bring your own stash, as Amtrak is "Pepsi Country" all the way! That includes the dining car, lounge, and the comp sodas in the sleepers. Although keep in mind they may not appreciate your bringing one of your own into the diner or lounge. You will, however, have access to ice in the sleeper, so you can certainly enjoy the "real thing" in the privacy of your own room. BTW - one of the quickest ways to make friends in a sleeper is to be seen with a can of Coke in your hand! - LOL
All Amtrak carries with Pepsi-Cola seems to be Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, 7-Up, and Sierra Mist. I don't think I've seen anything else. Frankly, I could care less about what brand of soda it is, but I know some out there are very picky about their "carmel water". :p

as long as it's diet.. whether pepsi or coke is fine with me, but I thought if you take your own drinks you had to consume them in the privacy fo your cabin... or is that just your own alcohol?

the last time I drank a regular soda was in Aloha Stadium at the end of the Great Aloha Run (Aloha Tower in downtown Waikiki to Aloha Stadium) and they had those little drink cups of soda for the runners to grab, I grabbed two... ughhh.... thought I was drinking pure sugar water....

:D

USAFLady said:
as long as it's diet.. whether pepsi or coke is fine with me, but I thought if you take your own drinks you had to consume them in the privacy fo your cabin... or is that just your own alcohol?
the last time I drank a regular soda was in Aloha Stadium at the end of the Great Aloha Run (Aloha Tower in downtown Waikiki to Aloha Stadium) and they had those little drink cups of soda for the runners to grab, I grabbed two... ughhh.... thought I was drinking pure sugar water....

Let's put it this way, all items you bring on the train can not be consumed in any food service car becuase of governmental regulations. Your items can be consumed at your seat or in your private bedroom. Your own alcohol can only be consumed by sleeping car passengers in their own rooms.

Amfleet said:
USAFLady said:

Let's put it this way, all items you bring on the train can not be consumed in any food service car becuase of governmental regulations. Your items can be consumed at your seat or in your private bedroom. Your own alcohol can only be consumed by sleeping car passengers in their own rooms.
I was once asked to leave from the lounge car for having my own food in my bag. Just be carefull about it. :)

that shouldn't be a problem then as I won't be bringing any "food" on to eat...... but thanks for the heads up

Just in case you're in the Pacific Northwest and you are ridding the Amtrak Cascades these are the menus:

Click Here for the Seattle to Vancouver, BC Dining car menu.

Click Here for the Bistro Car, available on all trains.

Click Here to go the Amtrak Cascades webpage. :)

amtrakadirondack said:
Just in case you're in the Pacific Northwest and you are ridding the Amtrak Cascades these are the menus:

amtrakadirondack,

It was quite apparent that she was asking for advice about the Empire Builder. I really doubt that your Cascades menus are going to assist her, especially when she is out in North Dakota and Minnesota.

Anthony said:
amtrakadirondack said:

amtrakadirondack,

It was quite apparent that she was asking for advice about the Empire Builder. I really doubt that your Cascades menus are going to assist her, especially when she is out in North Dakota and Minnesota.
Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back