Dinner First Night Out

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphisdoug

Train Attendant
I am going to be on the Southwest Chief in May leaving from L.A. at 6:45PM. We have a bedroom reserved for the trip. Will dinner be included for us that first night out?

I also have a question about luggage. Is there a place to store an extra bag in the sleeping car outside of your room?

Thanks for your help

Yes it will! Its just nice to board and be eating as you depart LAUS. There's a large luggage rack in the lower level of all Superliners. If you have a lower level roomette, it will merely be a few feet from you, if you have a roomette or bedroom upstairs, it will be a quick walk down the stairwell to you bags. Have a safe trip!

they don't serve it as soon as you get on. after they take tickets then they will come by and take dinner reservations. thats how they did it when i rode it back in 08

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I rode out of LAX on the SWC they took our reservations in the station. I understand they may not be doing that, now. We didn't eat until we were at Fullerton.

Yes, dinner is served that evening. After the train gets going, someone will come around and take your reservation time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back