Discount fare restrictions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jccpbc

Train Attendant
I may have missed this since my last booking, but I now see that discount fares, i.e. Senior, AAA, NARP, etc., are only good if you ride coach. I have always been able to use the senior discount when booking bedroom accommodations or business class. Boy, all these new changes with points, discounts, and dining service are really helping Amtrak's marketing.

I don't see a change, at least to the AAA policy. The 10% discount NEVER applied to accomodation charges, only the base rail fare. I have never gotten an AAA discount on any accomodation charge. Don't know how the Senior worked, still a couple of years away from that, but as far as AAA is concerned, no change. The policy appears to be the same as it always has with regard to accomodation charges and business class:

The AAA discount does not apply to Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.

So, no, the sky is not falling.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mistake. I just got through with AGR for over 3 hours rebooking the SS and adjustments for no dining car. I misread what I thought to be another bad new policy. Next time I will take a deep breath before ranting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back