Disney Christmas Carol Train Routing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murjax

Train Attendant
Well I live in St. Augustine, FL and was considering driving up to Jacksonville to see this train when it stops here on October. I looked at the schedule this evening and noticed something interesting. It's going directly from Savannah to Miami and then back up to Jacksonville. Also it's not stopping at Miami's Amtrak station, it's stopping at what I think is Florida East Coast's Hialeah Yard. Would this mean that the train is planning to travel down FEC from Jacksonville to Miami and back as a faster alternative than CSX?

Well I live in St. Augustine, FL and was considering driving up to Jacksonville to see this train when it stops here on October. I looked at the schedule this evening and noticed something interesting. It's going directly from Savannah to Miami and then back up to Jacksonville. Also it's not stopping at Miami's Amtrak station, it's stopping at what I think is Florida East Coast's Hialeah Yard. Would this mean that the train is planning to travel down FEC from Jacksonville to Miami and back as a faster alternative than CSX?
It was to be at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum but something changed. I just got the email saying it will be at the FEC Auto Transfer Yards which are north and south of 36th Street North of the airport. We are planning on going down on Sunday to see the train. If it does pass through Dania Beach on FEC I hope that I know what time and get to see it. I might sign back up to the FEC yahoo group to get information on it. I chased 256 as it left south Florida going up to Ft Pierce to its new home.

Mike

schwinncoll at bellsouth dot net

Last edited:
I hope this info helps others going to the train in Miami

October 16 to 18

Florida East Coast Railroad Co.

3200 NW 67th Ave., Miami

818-567-5524

Free

Mikeschwinncoll at bellsouth dot net

Last edited:
I found this photo of the train moving along the FEC

2615.1255569718.jpg

Im actually going to miss seeing it, which is a little disappointing. When its in NY I'll be in Boston at the Gathering. Although I most likely would have skipped it upon getting to Grand Central and seeing the line to go through...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back