Disney's Chrismas Carol Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warbonnet

Service Attendant
Hi Guys,

Just for fun, took the Metrolink yesterday to LAUS to catch the first stop of the 17,000 mile long promotion of Disney's Chrismas Carol train that will traveling all over the US this summer, ending up in NYC in November. A promotion for the film being released this Chrismas season. Train is beautiful. HP provideing all the interactive electronics on board so I've read. Here's the problem: It was a 5 hour wait to get a chance to go thru the train!! The line of people and kids to get into the train extended from track 10 (furthest track from the station), all the way to the front of the station. The Disney folks on site were telling people it was a 5 hour wait. I feel very sorry for the children as no kid should have to wait that long for any Disney attraction. What a mismanaged screw up it turned out to be here in L.A.. The next stop is Williams, Az. (Grand Canyon, not) ABQ, DEN, SLC, then back out to the coast before heading north up up to Portland, Seattle then east.. There is a Disney website (just google "Disney Christmas Carol train") and you can see the map with scheduled stops and dates.. I for one was not waiting 5 hours, so it was off to Phillipe's for a sandwich and a beer before heading home on the Metrolink. Needless to say, there was a lot of disappointed kids and parents. Give us your comments when the tour hits your closest city regaring the wait. Somebody might want to post the website link so you can see the cities where the stops will occur.

Wb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back