does Amtrak's hot dogs taste exactly like Costco's hot dogs?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSpencer

Train Attendant
does Amtrak's hot dogs taste exactly like Costco's hot dogs?

or is it my imagination?

Yeah, if only Amtrak food approached the quality of Costco food court..... :)

Well, on a slightly more on-topic note, Amtrak selected ARAMARK as its "food and beverage warehouse management provider" as of January 1st, '09, so maybe we will see a move toward high school cafeteria food in the dining cars. Apparently the Gate Gourmet contract runs out at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
After an external review, I have deleted the post in question. Let us please be considerate of our fellow members.

Just as a side note I've noticed that Hebrew National was bought out by Con-Agra. While I'm not saying their dog is not top of the line I find Nathan's dogs more delicious and a lot cheaper.

My son had the hot dog on the SWC dining car this past summer. I tried it and it was stinkin awesome. The bun was perfect and the dog tasty. Shoot, I might order it off the childrens menu next time.

After an external review, I have deleted the post in question. Let us please be considerate of our fellow members.
Thanks Anthony! Let's work together, united to focus our energies on our common goal; to advance rail passenger service in the US.

I had 2 hotdogs on the CZ 10 days ago, and one on a NEC run. I thought they were great.

I had 2 hotdogs on the CZ 10 days ago, and one on a NEC run. I thought they were great.
I'll second that. I had one southbound on the Coast Starlight on Saturday, and northbound on the (Tehachapi) Starlight on Sunday. Makes a good, reliable breakfast or lunch on board any train. OK for dinner too, if you can't get to the Dining Car.

Well, on a slightly more on-topic note, Amtrak selected ARAMARK as its "food and beverage warehouse management provider" as of January 1st, '09, so maybe we will see a move toward high school cafeteria food in the dining cars. Apparently the Gate Gourmet contract runs out at the end of the year.

wow! I have lot of friends who work for gate gourmet .

We have Aramark in the cafeteria at work and they do a good job... although I imagine the quality will depend on the terms of the contract.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can buy the muffins they serve on Amtrak? Both my wife and I are hooked on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back