Quantcast

Does Anyone Still Have This Blanket?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

PVD

Conductor
AU Supporter
Yes, I bought one as a souvenir, and about an hour later there was a trivia contest which I won in the lounge (haven't seen anything like that in ages). And what might the prize have been? Any way, the extra made a nice gift for a fellow railfan.... I stll have a pair of Lake Shore Limited socks...

Qapla

Conductor
I never got a blanket - but, the first time I rode the Silver Meteor back in 2011 they allowed us to keep the pillow they handed out for sleeping - most people just left them in their seats when they got off but the attendant told us we were welcome to keep ours. Still have it 😄

Maglev

Conductor
I always have used my Amtrak swag until it wears out. The white Amtrak blanket was a kitty bed at the end of its life.

This blanket was actually not very comfortable, and I bring a much nicer down throw on the train with me now.

Bob Dylan

Conductor
I never got a blanket - but, the first time I rode the Silver Meteor back in 2011 they allowed us to keep the pillow they handed out for sleeping - most people just left them in their seats when they got off but the attendant told us we were welcome to keep ours. Still have it 😄
Those pillows werent real comfortable as I remember. In Canada in the old days, they passed out really nice Pillows and Blankets to Coach passengers.

fdaley

Service Attendant
Those pillows werent real comfortable as I remember. In Canada in the old days, they passed out really nice Pillows and Blankets to Coach passengers.
I remember being given pillows and blankets on VIA when we paid extra for a Dayniter coach on the Atlantic. The train was still steam-heated in early '92. So even though it was minus 20 outside on a January night, it was wonderfully cozy inside. The pillows were much nicer than the little raspy ones Amtrak gave out to coach passengers. Of course, those were still better than nothing.

bms

Lead Service Attendant
I take a blanket on every coach trip. The coach attendants have some control over the temp, but they really can't do that much - plus sometimes an entire coach car loves super hot or super cold temps. I just take a small blanket that cost me $2.99 at Wal-Mart.