does philly have a vip lounge? for sleepin car passengers?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TishaNola

Train Attendant
does philly have a vip lounge? for sleepin car passengers?

Also does washington dc

Yes, in Philly walk towards Gate #1 and the baggage check-in area; at the far end of the Amtrak ticket windows. You'll walk down a long hall where you'll be confronted with some steps. The Club Acela lounge, first class lounge for sleeping car passengers, is up those steps. Ring the bell and wait for the agent to buzz the door.

If you have a lot of luggage, you can find a Redcap and have them take you up to the lounge in an elevator, but you cannot operated the elevator yourself. It requires a key to reach the lounge level.

The agent will also send you back down in one of the elevators to track level to catch your train.

In DC, the lounge in behind the information counter located between gates D & E.

Alan you beat me by two minutes!! :lol: One thing they do at PHL is if you get a RedCap the RedCap will get you and Put you on the platform before the agent puts everyone on the platform. Or at least that's what I've seen. But Alan is correct I've seen people try to use the elevators and I tell them it needs a key and they don't believe me. You CAN call the elevator but it will not go anywhere without that key.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan you beat me by two minutes!! :lol: One thing they do at PHL is if you get a RedCap the RedCap will get you and Put you on the platform before the agent puts everyone on the platform. Or at least that's what I've seen. But Alan is correct I've seen people try to use the elevators and I tell them it needs a key and they don't believe me. You CAN call the elevator but it will not go anywhere without that key.
awesome info thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back