Double GR Points for Acela During August

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
During the month of August Amtrak is offering double points for all rides taken on Acela Express or the Metroliner.

Amtrak Guest Rewards members double your points when you take the Acela Express or Metroliner. Earn points twice as fast on all your August travel when you book online and complete your Acela Express/Metroliner travel in the same month. All city pairs are eligible. Just register here, and we will automatically reward you with double points for your qualifying trips.
Full details along with the link for registration can be found here.

Remember you must pre-register for this offer.

I really wish they would have something like this for those of us who have something around a 0% chance of riding Acela any time in the near future (or maybe ever). Why can't they have a double-points month on LD trains, or even something like a additional 500 points for upgrade to a sleeper? I know, I know, Amtrak's moneymaker is the Acela and Metroliner, not LD trains, but I'd like a chance to get a free LD ticket sometime before the year 2020. Is that too much to ask?

EmpireBuilderFan said:
I really wish they would have something like this for those of us who have something around a 0% chance of riding Acela any time in the near future (or maybe ever). Why can't they have a double-points month on LD trains, or even something like a additional 500 points for upgrade to a sleeper? I know, I know, Amtrak's moneymaker is the Acela and Metroliner, not LD trains, but I'd like a chance to get a free LD ticket sometime before the year 2020. Is that too much to ask?
While I've yet to see anything for a long distance train, other than an offer for booking your trip with Amtrak Travel, there is currently a special points offer for Cascades service.

Taking two round trips, or four one way trips between either Seattle and Portland, or Seattle & Vancouver, or Seattle & Eugene will net you a 1,000 point bonus.

You must pre-register for this offer and all trips must be completed by August 31, 2004.

Full details can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back