Double Points Promo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
Just got an e-mail about it. No current plans, but registered anyway. You never know, and the revamped Starlight was touted. Might be worth a ride.

Yes, the CS will be the Train of the Month in June. The AT is this month's train, sadly. :( It should have been next month when I'll be on the AT.

Just got an e-mail about it. No current plans, but registered anyway. You never know, and the revamped Starlight was touted. Might be worth a ride.

Yes, the CS will be the Train of the Month in June. The AT is this month's train, sadly. :( It should have been next month when I'll be on the AT.
Conversely, CS should be this month as I'm going to be on it next Tuesday. :p

Conversely, CS should be this month as I'm going to be on it next Tuesday. :p
Train of the month? ( for 1st guitar - that's, TOTM :p ??? )

Last edited by a moderator:
Since learning of the promo, the creaky wheels in my small brain actually turned a bit. I was shocked! My mom's birthday is in June, so maybe she'd like a CS ride up to SLO for a weekend with her granddaughter (my niece).

Sometimes it's surprisingly easy to come up with a legit-sounding reason for a train ride. :lol:

>>Limit of one qualifying roundtrip or two one-ways per day.>>

Would this mean you can use this promoition every day of the month and twice per day on one way trips ?

I don't even understand my question now that I wrote it.

Would this mean you can use this promoition every day of the month and twice per day on one way trips ?

Got a feelin you guys played in the same band. :p

Got a feelin you guys played in the same band. :p
I dare anyone to ride the CS more frequently than that... :p

Here's how to get LOTS of one-ways per day... just buy tickets from first station to second, and from third station to fourth, and so forth. Then have a friend with a car drive you from second station to third, from fourth to fifth, and so on. So you keep leaving the train and catching it again. (Sort of like on Silver Streak...).

Much better than a continuous ride with muli-segmented tickets, which is only an anomaly of Ticketing, and not of Riding...

Here's how to get LOTS of one-ways per day... just buy tickets from first station to second, and from third station to fourth, and so forth. Then have a friend with a car drive you from second station to third, from fourth to fifth, and so on. So you keep leaving the train and catching it again. (Sort of like on Silver Streak...).

Much better than a continuous ride with muli-segmented tickets, which is only an anomaly of Ticketing, and not of Riding...
Though I was convinced you could not get AGR credit for two or more trips on the same train number on the same day...

Though I was convinced you could not get AGR credit for two or more trips on the same train number on the same day...
Oh, absolutely right. I thought you just wanted to do multiple rides to show that their limit (to giving out points) could be overcome. But that won't make them give out the points!

Where do you find Train Of The Month info? :unsure:
In addition to being advertised in the monthly AGR newsletter, it's usually one of the 5 pictures on the right of the home page at Amtrak.com.

Where do you find Train Of The Month info? :unsure:
In addition to being advertised in the monthly AGR newsletter, it's usually one of the 5 pictures on the right of the home page at Amtrak.com.
I joined and received my card but no newsletter. Is that because I haven't traveled yet?

I joined and received my card but no newsletter. Is that because I haven't traveled yet?
I should have been a bit more clear, sorry. It's an email, so make sure that you have your correct email address on file with AGR.
On my Sept trip I travel the SM & CL both out & back, will I get Xtra points each way if, in fact, one of those is SEPT Train Of The Month?

On my Sept trip I travel the SM & CL both out & back, will I get Xtra points each way if, in fact, one of those is SEPT Train Of The Month?
Assuming that one of those lines is picked and you register for the promo, then yes. But you do have to register, you won't automatically get double points.

As Alan said, the newsletter is an email.

More important is your statement "I joined ... I haven't traveled yet"! When you join, you can get bonus signup AGR points (IIRC 500 points) if you travel (anywhere) within 90 days of signing up! So if you are still within that 90 day period (and you want the bonus points), I would schedule a quick trip. Even something like a quick trip to Orlando or somewhere would qualify! If you could have someone pick you up, even a 1 stop one way trip would qualify!

As Alan said, the newsletter is an email.

More important is your statement "I joined ... I haven't traveled yet"! When you join, you can get bonus signup AGR points (IIRC 500 points) if you travel (anywhere) within 90 days of signing up! So if you are still within that 90 day period (and you want the bonus points), I would schedule a quick trip. Even something like a quick trip to Orlando or somewhere would qualify! If you could have someone pick you up, even a 1 stop one way trip would qualify!
Thanx,

I just got on that site for the 1st time since I joined ( it's probably right at 90 days). My account shows I have 250 pts for signing up for e-mail?

Just after I joined, I called our local station & the guy I talked to said when checking in I should show my card & I could receive my pts. for my trip, however I haven't seen an e-mail?

Back