Double points...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll be doing a few lunch runs down to FTW this Fall :)
Me too, though from DAL. 400 points for $18, plus getting two Amtrak rides, is
wub.gif
More like 400 points for $5 for me, if I don't count the other costs of wandering around between trains in ALN and whatever I end up doing before 40x heads back toward home, lol.
And how exactly do you get a roundtrip for $5? What discounts do you have?
blink.gif

It is not one of the five things that scroll across with the pictures.
The Web site customizes the five things to include targeted promos. For instance, when I log in using my AGR number, I get a sign-up for the "spend $5,000, get 10k bonus AGR points promo," for which I was targetted. When I log using Mrs. Ispolkom's AGR number, that isn't one of the five things scrolling. FWIW, neither of us get an Acela promo.

wub.gif
And they are doing 25% OFF Texas Eagle as well this Fall :)
From what I read, the 25% OFF Texas Eagle promotion is for bookings done between 1st and 30th September for travel between 1st and 31st January, 2012. The Double Points offer is valid for travels between 7th Sept and 23rd Nov (after Labor day weekend to before Thanksgiving weekend, excluding both holiday weekends!). Is there any other offer going on giving 25% OFF Texas Eagle in Fall?
I just read the fine print and noticed that too but if anything, that gives a little something to look forward to AFTER Double Points. But then like last year, maybe they'll do TRIPLE Points :)

wub.gif
More like 400 points for $5 for me, if I don't count the other costs of wandering around between trains in ALN and whatever I end up doing before 40x heads back toward home, lol.
blink.gif

blink.gif
None. That was cash/voucher in hand, about a half hour before departure. STL-ALN was in D bucket, and based on what I experienced (a more quiet/private "I'm opening this door for exiting at ALN"), it's just my guess that short run rarely, if ever, exits D bucket.

CIMG0003 by MistyOLR AKA icebratrpg (Chicago fangirl), on Flickr

blink.gif
None. That was cash/voucher in hand, about a half hour before departure. STL-ALN was in D bucket, and based on what I experienced (a more quiet/private "I'm opening this door for exiting at ALN"), it's just my guess that short run rarely, if ever, exits D bucket.

That is CLASSIC! In most cities, you can't even ride a cross town bus for that :) And here I thought being able to go from Norman OK to Purcell for $5 each way was cheap.

I am totally not seeing this acela promo ANYWHERE. I clicked on the promo page - not there. It is not one of the five things that scroll across with the pictures. It is not listed underneath. It must be targeted to certain folks only.
Acela promo?? It's a basic double points promo for the fall. I would imagine for ALL trains. It should be right below the five items. If not then it should be one of them.

I am totally not seeing this acela promo ANYWHERE. I clicked on the promo page - not there. It is not one of the five things that scroll across with the pictures. It is not listed underneath. It must be targeted to certain folks only.
No Acela promo for me either. I did get another business class promo to earn an additional 200 bonus points when you take business class. This creates a question for me: If I were to take Acela Business Class between two city pairs during the double points promo is this what I would get: 500 x 2 (city pairs, double pts) + 200 x 2 (business class promo, double points) = 1400 points one way?

Acela promo?? It's a basic double points promo for the fall. I would imagine for ALL trains. It should be right below the five items. If not then it should be one of them.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am registered for the double points promo. But some of the other folks are referring to a promo where one gets an extra 200 points when taking the acela between the 500 point city pairs. THAT is the promo that I don't see - for me or my H. But again, I have a lot of acela trips under my belt this year so it would make sense that if it is a targeted offer, I didn't get it.

blink.gif

That is CLASSIC! In most cities, you can't even ride a cross town bus for that :) And here I thought being able to go from Norman OK to Purcell for $5 each way was cheap.
Gotta be the cheapest Paid Ticket for sure! :cool: I get a Senior Rate of $5.95 AUS-TAY and TAY-AUS when the Fare is Low Bucket, this summer most days it was $7-$11 with TEMPO Cashing In on the Full/SOLD OUT Eagles/Sunsets status!

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am registered for the double points promo. But some of the other folks are referring to a promo where one gets an extra 200 points when taking the acela between the 500 point city pairs. THAT is the promo that I don't see - for me or my H. But again, I have a lot of acela trips under my belt this year so it would make sense that if it is a targeted offer, I didn't get it.
Sounds like a Select thing and Select plus. I know from reading on here your select. Call AGR and ask if you were targeted. Never hurts to ask. :)

So doesn't the Hats Off bonus for Midwest trains last until Sept. 30th? Does that mean if you ride a midwest train between the 7th and 30th, you'll get quadruple points? Me thinks that you'll only get one or the other, but it's wishful thinking!

Why I Like AU, Reason #12: Timely Information. Just received AGR e-mail announcing this promo, but been registered for a week - since learning of it here.

Back