Downeaster Hits Car On Tracks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lo2e

Lead Service Attendant
I'm on my phone so I don't have a link, but the local news is saying the Downeaster hit a car on the tracks in Old Orchard Beach, ME overnight.

*sigh*

BREAKING: Amtrak Downeaster hits car in OOB

OLD ORCHARD BEACH (WGME) -- A train hit a car in Old Orchard Beach early Thursday morning, injuring at least one person. It happened around 1:00 a.m. at the train crossing on Union Avenue and First Street.

A dispatcher for Amtrak confirms it was an Amtrak Downeaster heading north out of Boston in the last run of the night for the Downeaster.

... one person was ejected from the SUV. "There was nothing left to the back of the vehicle. When the train hit, it just pushed him like 75 feet, and the guy must have been thrown at least 25 to 35 feet,"
"He was laying there. He was unconscious. He was breathing like really shallow,"

Police are not releasing any information about injuries at this hour. They are expected to release more information later this morning.
Amtrak says all of its morning trains are running on schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back