Downeaster-North Station ?'s

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dedhd

Train Attendant
I am riding the train for the first time into Portland. I have ridden out of South Station numerous times but am not familiar at all with North Station. Is there an Amtrak ticketing agent there? I have an e ticket but am not sure if I first have to go to SS to pick it up. Also are there any food places like in South Station. Appreciate any info from this knowledable crowd.

I am riding the train for the first time into Portland. I have ridden out of South Station numerous times but am not familiar at all with North Station. Is there an Amtrak ticketing agent there? I have an e ticket but am not sure if I first have to go to SS to pick it up. Also are there any food places like in South Station. Appreciate any info from this knowledable crowd.
When I was there (2008) there was a QuickTrak machine and an Amtrak ticket window. I think it's more a commuter station really. Pretty sure there might be a few fast food type places; but I just ate on the train.

There is definitely an amtrak ticket window and a quick-trak at north station.

As for food, there are not one but TWO dunkin donuts, a mcdonalds, the newstand which sells sodas, snacks, etc., the ice cream/frozen yogurt place which also sells candy, pastries, etc., and then there is also a bar on the far end. The bar also sells sandwiches/salads to go in a little refrigerator case. I don't think it has any hot food that you can order off a menu b/c there is no kitchen. It certainly has all kinds of beer/wine/booze. It is often crowded after work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back