eastbound EB

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manderson

Service Attendant
Specifically, where does the Portland sleeper fit in? I'm thinking of starting from Portland instead of my usual Seattle, but have heard that the Portland sleeper is at the end of the train, many cars away from the lounge and the diner.

That is correct, the Portland sleeper is at the rear of the train.

Typically there are 2 coaches in front of it, and then the cafe; from Portland to Spokane. After joining with the Seattle section, you then have 3 more coaches in front of you, before you get to the diner.

I've been on it a few times & I have a slight walking problem. But, for me, it was'nt bad at all. What I liked was you had sooo much privacy & the back window to take photos from!!! I just plan to take a little break in the sightseer lounge on the way to & from my meals!

I like that set up. On any train, especially LD trains, I like to do a LOT of walking the train - the smoke stops aren't enough for me to burn up excess energy (I do not exercise as such but in my job I am very active, always on the move - so on a vacation, while I have mo trouble relaxing, I do need to be in motion under my own power several times a day.

Plus, as mentioned, there's that rear window! I'm going to be on that train June 11 and I am really looking forward to it.

OK, you guys have convinced me. I'll take the Portland route if there are still roomettes available next Monday when I'll have enough AGR points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back