EB California Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mediaman

Train Attendant
We will be boarding a sleeper on train #6 in Denver this summer. Is the diner open in Denver? What if the train is late, do they have a certain time they close the diner? Thanks for your help in our trip planning!

Welcome to the Forum.

I boarded the eastbound Zephyr two years ago and our SCA told us to go

immediately to the diner for dinner. As I recall, the train was only

slightly behind schedule.

I hope you have a nice trip.

We will be boarding a sleeper on train #6 in Denver this summer. Is the diner open in Denver? What if the train is late, do they have a certain time they close the diner? Thanks for your help in our trip planning!
Welcome Aboard! :hi: Being Summer the Train will be Full, hopefully On Time and the Sun still up when you Board! Your SCA will either have you a Dinner Rez already made (the Good ones do!) or else , as was said, go Straight to the Diner and see the LSA!

(Nothing aginst riding #6 East but #5 in the other Direction (or catching #6 and Coming into Denver down the Front Range @ Sunset!) is a Better Trip! ^_^ Love those Mountains and the Colorado River!!! :wub: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm so glad I found this forum.

jimhudson-

I wish I could ride #5 but not this trip unfortunately.

I believe that as long as it leaves by 9:00PM, you will be able to get dinner. Back in the days when locals referred to #6 as the Midnight Special, it was almost never. When I've taken it in the last three years, it has been no problem. About a month ago when I took it, it arrived in DEN about 30 minutes early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back